We were very pleased with the response from the residents of Abergele and the attendance considering such short notice and the small area which we had distributed to. Again we apologise to anyone we missed out, this was purely down to the lack of time we had to organise the event.
We have set up this blog and you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some of the avenues we are currently exploring;
- Committee members meeting held with the lead Campaigners’ against Gainsborough House today ( 10/05/09)
- Press release/TV coverage.
- Contacting wildlife/preservation groups.
- Further leaflet drops / poster campaign– your help would be invaluable!
- Community walk from the football field by Threeways garage towards Tower Hill to raise awareness of what will be lost – invite press /TV.
- Write to all the traders in Abergele including the new owners of Gwrych Castle – potential death of the town centre.
- Appointing a Planning Consultant to complete the representation forms in accordance with the test of soundness. There will be a cost associated with this, which we are currently obtaining quotes for.
- A meeting has been arranged with Darren Millar AM for Friday 15thMay to gain his support in fighting these plans.
Once again we need to reiterate we cannot fight this on our own, this has to come from the community and we must keep the momentum going!
Thanks for your support!
Abergele LDP Action Group