The Abergele LDP Action Group recently met with Darren Millar to discuss the Conwy LDP and how it affects Abergele. The outcome of this positive meeting can be seen in the press release below:-
FUTURE OF ABERGELE – RESIDENTS MUST HAVE THEIR SAY
Clwyd West AM Darren Millar is encouraging residents in Abergele to send him their views on local authority plans for the town.
Darren Millar met with representatives of the Abergele LDP Action Group this week to discuss the proposals which include, a Gypsy Traveller Transit Site, relief road and more housing for the town - including an area on popular local playing fields. The meeting was the second held with the campaigners so far.
Darren Millar said, 'I want to congratulate the Action Group for their hard work trying to secure changes to the Conwy Local Development Plan.
'It is clear from the many hundreds of representations made to both my office and the Action Group so far that the current proposals for the town are totally unacceptable to local residents - it is vitally important that these views are not ignored.
'I want to encourage all residents to have their say by sending me their views.'
Alasdair Rettie, Chairman of the Abergele LDP Action Group, said, 'We are delighted to have the support of Darren Millar in our campaign. Together with the residents of Abergele we can make a difference, I urge everyone to make their opinions heard to help overturn these LDP proposals which will destroy the identity of Abergele forever.’
Darren Millar and the Abergele LDP Action Group have agreed to work together for:
• alternative solutions to relieve the congestion problems in Abergele.
• the protection of local playing fields and other green open spaces from unnecessary development.
• the scrapping of plans to develop housing along the scenic route between Abergele and Llanfair Talhaiarn.
• the scrapping of proposals for a Gypsy/Traveller Transit Site in Abergele.
As well as sending in their views residents are encouraged to attend the following:
• A protest walk organised by the Action Group on Sunday, 31st May leaving from the playing fields opposite Threeways Garage at 2pm.
• An open day to discuss the development plan with representatives from Conwy County Borough Council between 4pm and 6.45pm on the 4th June at Abergele Library.
• A public meeting organised by Abergele Town Council at 6.30pm on Friday 5th June at the Kinmel Manor Hotel.
Abergele LDP Action Group will be meeting David Jones MP later today.